This week I was joined on the She Means Business podcast by one of our amazing members from the Members’ Club, Lorraine Dallmeier.
As soon as she returned to work after having a baby, Lorraine soon realised that she was being held firmly back by the glass ceiling.
She had been dabbling with creating a side-income for herself, so when the opportunity came up to take over the online course company she had been enrolled in, Lorraine took the plunge. She had seen it simply as a side-hustle, but it turned into so much more than that.
A few years and a lot of hard work later, Lorraine has grown her business, Formula Botanica, into a global success, with almost 9,000 students across 161 countries.
Formula Botanica is an online training school for people who want to learn how to make their own organic skincare or haircare and how to then turn those products into a viable and profitable indie beauty brand.
In this podcast, Lorraine and I discuss:
- How being held back at work after having a baby pushed her to start her own business.
- Her journey from being a student in her own online education business to buying and taking over the company.
- All the changes, updates and processes she had to put in place to revive and grow the business, the steps she took and the things she focused on.
- The successful launch that helped her realise she could quit her job and work on the business full-time.
- How she used customer feedback to change and improve the business.
- How she juggled growing the business and raising two children and the lifestyle she has managed to create for her family.
- The struggles she faced with getting herself and her business out there and what she did to overcome her fear of being visible.
- How she got started with video and how her skills have improved over time.
- The kind of success her students have achieved.
- All the exciting plans she has ahead of her this year.
Lorraine’s top tips for success are:
- Don’t be scared of being visible – just do it and keep doing it until you feel comfortable with it. It will get easier the more you try!
- Be really consistent in whatever you do. Be realistic in what you commit to doing and then keep showing up!
- Find what drives you and gives you your passion as that’s what will get you through the hard times.
Join Lorraine and over 5000 other incredible women in business over in our Members’ Club here >>
The post Growing A Side-Hustle Into A Global Business with Lorraine Dallmeier appeared first on Female Entrepreneur Association.
This content was originally published here.